Old 26-10-2003, 02:12 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Fire all around me! Tall raging Fire I say!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You've all heard the phrase "When it rains it pours" Like I don't have
enough, the out of control fire in my area is now truly out of control.

Some of you may remember that I live in Rancho Cucamonga, Southern
California! We've had fire going on since Tuesday, and it's getting bigger.
We have winds of about 20-40 mph fanning the flame!. As I sit here typing,
I am looking out of my window at flames some 100 feet or so high less than 5
miles from me.

They've started voluntary evacuation in my neighborhood. Two streets above
me has mandatory evacuation! Truck and trailer loaded ready for any
mandatory evacuation.

So far my family is ok, we are all fine, even the fish are fine.We have so
much ash and burning material falling in our pond. The Ph is dropping fast,
and my brother who lives a street above me and also has a pond just had a Ph
crash, with ammonia spike through the roof. Our local pond shop is advising
all porgs to get zeolite ready and to keep doing partial water change to
control the un-avoidable crash from the ash.

Life goes on.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 26-10-2003, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Dump in baking soda, a couple of pounds per thousand gallons of water and it
will help to buffer the pH. Keep your eyes open. It was in 1970 that I was
in Port Hueneme with fire touching the ocean at Ventura and going through
the mountains and touching the ocean at Santa Monica. I know the feelings
you are going through. Hope they don't decide that your pond is a source of
fire fighting water.
--
RichToyBox

Old 26-10-2003, 03:02 AM
K30a

Stay safe!!
I've also been in a big fire
and it is a scary thing.

k30a

Old 26-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Nedra

Hello ...

I have been wondering who was in
Rancho Cucamonga from our group... Please
take care!!! I am worried about you two leggeds,
the 4 leggeds And your fish. Prayers are with you guys.

Nedra

Old 26-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Just Me \Koi\

See you all later. We've been asked to leave for a while as a precaution.
Houses about 1/4 mile above us are on fire!

I'll keep you all posted when we come back!

--
_______________________________________

Old 26-10-2003, 09:32 AM
jammer

I was watching that on the news. Good luck and i hope your property is
spared. Sounds rather frightening to me!

Old 26-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Mostyn

I do hpoe the the wind changes direction and drives the fire away from you
or better still the fire fighters get control of it.
fingers crossed.
Mostyn

Old 26-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Steve J. Noll

Wow - the smoke is so thick here that it filters the sun so much
so you can easily see sunspots with the naked eye!

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California

Old 26-10-2003, 07:02 PM
RED1102

Please be safe, a pond can always be replaced and even thou devastating so can
a home, but a human life can never be.
Thought are with you
Carole
NJ
Old 28-10-2003, 01:02 AM
mad

"see" you when you get back. hope all will be well.
mad
--
Have you ever imagined a world without
hypothetical questions?