Old 27-06-2008, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Dendrobiums to let - Orchids & nest (Small).jpg [01/01]

I have all of my dendrobiums hanging on a rack located so that they get full
morning sun until just after lunch. Then they are in bright light, but not in
sunlight. The rack is made of plastic water piping which fense wire tied to
it. No glue is used on the pipes so that it can be disassembled in times of
cold weather or hurricane winds. Then, it's taken down, and the plants are
moved inside.

All's well until a mocking bird decided to 'move in'. Last year about late
spring, a bird started to build a nest in one of the dendrobium pots that was
located in the inner corner of the rack. Of course, I 'discouraged' the
effort, and the bird went elsewhere.

Wouldn't you know it, this year I have the same problem. Again, it will be
evicted. Although, it suppose the birds would be of some value to the plants.
Think of all the $$$ saved on fertilizer.

Chris in Central Florida
(Remove the not from the address to reply directly.)

Old 27-06-2008, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Obviously, you have never been dive bombed by a mother bird, just because you
unwittingly (unknowingly) got too close to her chicks.

I wouldn't be able to go near the orchids until the chicks left.
]
Chris

In article , "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
Aw, let it stay, Chris! Imagine the fun you'll have watching the progress in
the nest!

Diana

ng.com...

-

Old 27-06-2008, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You have a point. Still, it's not for that long......

Diana (softer hearted than most people think)

wrote:
Aw, let it stay, Chris! Imagine the fun you'll have watching the progress
in
the nest!

Diana

"Chris Savas" wrote in message
[...]