Old 11-03-2003, 11:58 PM
TShnnn

Default Photos of greenhouse grown orchids here...

http://homepage.mac.com/terrapinstat...otoAlbum7.html

These are not mine...I will upload some of my own orchids later this
week.

*Should I buy a greenhouse (I live in New England) or construct a
basement grow room?!?!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:46 AM
kenwoodward

It would be much more meaningful if the pictures had names. I know that it
is sometimes difficult to get names, but that should be the mission of those
who publish here. Once you're hooked, you need to know so that you can rush
to your favorite online dealer and buy one of those beauties.
________________
Ken Woodward
Newton, MA
http://kwoodward.net

Old 12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
TS

"TShnnn" wrote in message
http://homepage.mac.com/terrapinstat...otoAlbum7.html

These are not mine...I will upload some of my own orchids later this
week.

*Should I buy a greenhouse (I live in New England) or construct a
basement grow room?!?!

Well, like I said, these are not my orchids- and I do not have the
knowledge to identify them all. If you would like to research it, I
would be glad to add names...

--
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...
Old 13-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Karen Frederiksen

Hi TS

Looks like a bunch of hybrids. Only the owner will know the names and
only if he has keept the name tags or has a real good memory.

Whether you should grow in a greenhouse or a basement depends on your
own ambitions. Considering that ig gets relative cold in NE, a
properly constructed (polycarbonat plates) greenhouse is going to cost
you more than just just a few $ and also you would have to consider
how to heat. If you can build it yourself you can save a lot of money,
but the result might show who built it a bit too clearly.

Making a basement growing room also makes construction important as
you would want to make sure that the house is not compromised. Other
here will know much more about that. Also growing under artficial
light will cost some money, but you will save on heating.

So no easy answer, guess youl have to figure out what plants you want
to grow, your personal preference and amount of money available.

Karen F in DK