Old 24-08-2005, 11:43 PM
V_coerulea

Default Summer Sale

Anyone in the Southeast US within range of South Carolina, don't forget this
is the week of Carter&Holmes summer sale (10-40% off) this Thurs-Sat. They
provide lunch if you email in advance. Break out those catalogs or just go
to http://www.carterandholmes.com/index.shtml Just bring 1 charge card. The
danger is too great if you bring more.
Gary

Old 25-08-2005, 03:30 PM
?

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:43:14 -0400 in V_coerulea wrote:
Anyone in the Southeast US within range of South Carolina, don't forget this
is the week of Carter&Holmes summer sale (10-40% off) this Thurs-Sat. They
provide lunch if you email in advance. Break out those catalogs or just go
to http://www.carterandholmes.com/index.shtml Just bring 1 charge card. The
danger is too great if you bring more.

And remember they have some things not in the catalog...

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 25-08-2005, 11:39 PM
V_coerulea

That's true. Actually lots that aren't in the catalog. They had some 3 gal
Gramm scriptum v. citrinum 'Hihimanu' in full bloom for $75 minus 40%. Den
varieties in 5-6" pots (2-3' tall) for $5. Many others in addition to their
catalog. I really got off cheap this time at $230 (including supplies)
because I've purchased so many of the others before. I got a dugup of Paph
Pinocchio with a 16"+ LS for $7.50 and a Dtps Newberry Parfait 'Picotee'
with 10" LS also for $7.50.
Their sale continues tomorrow and Sat. If you need to plan ahead, they
repeat the sale at Christmas time and again in the spring. Good growing!
Gary

rg...

Old 26-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Reka

V_coerulea wrote:
and a Dtps Newberry Parfait 'Picotee'with 10" LS also for $7.50.

I can't believe it! This sounded so cute that I looked it up on Google
and Carter & Holmes is selling through AMAZON!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...97424?v=glance
Are they getting into the Ebay business? One more thing to make me *not*
want to order from them!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 26-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Dewitt

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:34:43 +0200, Reka
wrote:

V_coerulea wrote:
and a Dtps Newberry Parfait 'Picotee'with 10" LS also for $7.50.

I can't believe it! This sounded so cute that I looked it up on Google
and Carter & Holmes is selling through AMAZON!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...97424?v=glance
Are they getting into the Ebay business? One more thing to make me *not*
want to order from them!

Looks like they have their entire catalog listed on Amazon - 627
items.

deg
Old 26-08-2005, 03:21 PM
K Barrett

"Reka" wrote in message
V_coerulea wrote:
and a Dtps Newberry Parfait 'Picotee'with 10" LS also for $7.50.

I can't believe it! This sounded so cute that I looked it up on Google
and Carter & Holmes is selling through AMAZON!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...97424?v=glance
Are they getting into the Ebay business? One more thing to make me *not*
want to order from them!
--
Reka

Nonono, au contraire!! This makes me WANT to order from them! I think its
a brilliant marketing idea. So many vendors are shutting their doors from
lack of business. This is brilliant.

K Barrett

Old 26-08-2005, 05:08 PM
?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:18:35 GMT in Dewitt wrote:

Looks like they have their entire catalog listed on Amazon - 627
items.

I have found one item that I was unable to find in their online
catalog, an Odontorettia.

Old 29-08-2005, 01:49 AM

Just bring 1 charge card. The danger is too great if you bring more.

Been there...charged that. I live in Lexington, only a few miles away
from them. Went there Friday empty-handed, left with $204 worth of
orchids, alocasias, etc.. Had the discount not been there, the damage
would have been much worse.