Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 PM
jadel

Default The Sheehans's --Orchid Genera Illustrated

I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

Old 10-11-2005, 09:28 PM
K Barrett

jadel wrote:
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

Very cool. Tell us if its worth the $19.95.

K Barrett
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Chris Savas

I had a copy of 'Ochid Genera Illustrated', by Tom and Marion Sheehan. Dr,
Sheehan was our society's guest speaker in August 199, so I took my copy to
the meeting to ask for an autograph. Guess what? Both were at the meeting
and both gladly signed my copy.

So, what's a signed copy worth? (No bidding please, I'm keeping it for
myself.)

Good Growing to all,
Chris

In article . com, "jadel"
wrote:
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

Old 11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
jadel

K Barrett wrote:
jadel wrote:
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

Very cool. Tell us if its worth the $19.95.

Definitely.

J. Del Col

Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Chris Savas

I already had a copy of 'Orchid Genera Illustrated', by Tom & Marion Sheehan
in August 1991, when they were guest speakers at our Society meeting. I took
it to the meeting and asked them to autograph my copy which they gladly did.

So, what's a signed copy worth? ( No bidding please, I'm keeping it, thank
you.)

Good growing,
Chris

In article . com, "jadel"
wrote:
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

Old 12-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Eric Hunt

Awesome find! I've had my eye on this book for years and wasn't ready to
plunk down $100 for it.

There are some other botanical gems offered as well - search for "timber
press" and all kinds of goodies pop up. I got one of the Rhododendron
species books for $15 in addition to the Sheehan's book - will probably get
the other two rhody books in a little while.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

Old 12-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Reka

In article , says...
Awesome find! I've had my eye on this book for years and wasn't ready to
plunk down $100 for it.

There are some other botanical gems offered as well - search for "timber
press" and all kinds of goodies pop up. I got one of the Rhododendron
species books for $15 in addition to the Sheehan's book - will probably get
the other two rhody books in a little while.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col

For anyone looking for cheaper books who doesn't mind a used book, try
www.abebooks.com.
Here is their listing for the Sheehan book:
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...an=sheehan&y=0
&kn=orchid+genera+illustrated&x=0
The book's condition is described (fine, very good, good, etc.). The
prices for this book range from $10 (Orchid Genera Illustrated, 207
pages, fine condition) to $100 (An Illustrated Survey Of Orchid Genera,
421 pages, new, first edition) in the US. You may even find a bookstore
near you where you can pick it up to avoid postage fees.
You got the first one, right?
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 12-11-2005, 03:26 PM
danny

Timber Press used to have a half-price page for books going out of print, I
don't see it now. That's where I got my copy. For $20 this book is a
bargain. I like being able to see the distribution for a genus without
having to look up the locations of every little country.
-danny

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Awesome find! I've had my eye on this book for years and wasn't ready to
plunk down $100 for it.

There are some other botanical gems offered as well - search for "timber
press" and all kinds of goodies pop up. I got one of the Rhododendron
species books for $15 in addition to the Sheehan's book - will probably
get the other two rhody books in a little while.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just got a hardbound copy of this book from Daedalus for $19.95.

List price is $99.

J. Del Col