Old 24-03-2003, 09:08 PM
tom bell

Default media for catt

I recently bought a blooming size Catt. from a Hawaiian grower at the SF
Garden Show. The medium seems to consist of coarse bark, small rocks (not
volcanic), with a heavy sprinkling of 2-3 mm, leathery, grey beads, which
can be split open and contain a tan, mushy substance. Looks like an extended
action fertilizer to me, but I've never seen it before. Can anyone tell me
what it is?
Tom
Old 24-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Tracey

Can anyone tell me what it is?

I don't know the name right off hand. I have a large,
unidentified jug of it that our landlord left us and
alot of the orchids I've bought here (Oahu) have them
in it. I took it in to the local nursery and had them
look at it and they told me it was an orchid fertilizer,
but I forget the name. Sorry

Tracey

Old 24-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Diana Kulaga

Might be "Dynamite" time release fertilizer. The pellets are gray and the
size you describe.

Diana

Old 25-03-2003, 03:44 AM
tom bell

Thanks. Now all I have to decide is whether to scrape it all out, or to
leave it there and omit my usual fertilizing, and if so, for how long!
Tom

Old 25-03-2003, 03:44 AM
tom bell

Thanks. Now I just have to decide whether to scrape it all out,

catt bowringiana rest? keith Orchids 1 26-10-2003 04:32 PM
Catt growing pattern (strang?) gal Orchids 7 18-06-2003 11:32 AM
Catt light question Ryan greenthumbs Orchids 2 11-06-2003 10:56 PM
Very happy catt Ted Byers Orchids 6 12-03-2003 02:34 AM
burned leaf tips on a Catt Terry Orchids 4 05-02-2003 11:01 PM