Old 28-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Tracey

Default Muwahahahahahahaha!!

Just returned from a trip to the Windward Oahu Orchid Show.
Stayed under budget. Got (what I think) is quite a bit. Even
though I went with Paphs and Bulbos on my mind, don't think I
bought one of either one of those. grin Here's what I did
get:

Dtps. Mount Lip x Dtps. Hsinying City
B. cucullata x sibling
Den. aggregatum 'Majus' x sibling
Den. superbum (honohono) white
Den. Green Lantern (all those recent pics on a.b.p.o got to me)
Onc. Carol Oka 'Hapa'
Onc. Carol Oka 'Alii Gold'
Onc. Ruth Oka 'Quilla'
Ascda Princess Mikasa 'Sapphire'
Hknsa Koolau Sunset Hawaii
Rdtta Pink Supreme x Rdza Vemusta (handwritten)
Doritas Pulcherrima
Dendrochilum filiforme

No one really wants to talk about prices, do they? I will
say that I paid the most for the Dendrochilum and that was
only $15US. I just did a quick count, and if I understood
the vendor correctly, there are 20 plus flower spikes just
starting on it.

All in all, I'm very happy. I also took *tons* of pictures
of the displays and, after a bit of tweaking and renaming
of the shots, I'll have them on a.b.p.o.

Now, if I can only stay away from it for the next two days....

Tracey

Old 28-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Tom Bell

Envy, envy!
Tom

Old 28-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:38:55 GMT, Tracey
wrote:

[...]

Rdza Vemusta (handwritten) Make that a species
Rdza venusta

What are you staying away from?? We want to see the pix.
Looks like quite a nice shopping trip... yummm.
Anxious,
SuE
Old 29-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Steve

Yeah, she's an evil woman for taunting us this way. I, for one, will
forgive her if she comes through with he pictures! ;-)

Steve

Tom Bell wrote:
Envy, envy!
Tom

Old 29-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Wendy

A good haul Tracey, but I notice that you need to go back & fill in the
alphabet ! Something
that begins with C. *g*
Cheers Wendy

Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Tracey

Rdza Vemusta (handwritten) Make that a species
Rdza venusta

Thanks, SuE. That's why I put in the handwritten note
so if I got it wrong, someone could correct me and not
just think it was a typo.

What are you staying away from??

From the lure of the vendors. Last year, I ended up
going all three days...and buying all three days. But,
I happened to mention to my husband that there was just
one...more...plant that I would have liked to have bought
and he's sending me back today. Actually, it's already
turned to 3 more because I remembered the bamboo orchids
at $2.50 for a 2 gallon pot that I wanted two of.

We want to see the pix. Looks like quite a nice shopping
trip... yummm.

I'll be loading up Photoshop today and messing with the
pics. They should be on a.b.p.o. sometime today.

Tracey

Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Tracey

Envy, envy!
Tom

Yah, I know. Hope you don't mind if I revel in it
a while? grin

Tracey

Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Tracey

Yeah, she's an evil woman for taunting us this way.

Hey, you've been talking to my kids, haven't you?

I, for one, will forgive her if she comes through with
he pictures! ;-)

Yep, later today. I hope.

Tracey

Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Tracey

A good haul Tracey, but I notice that you need to go
back & fill in the alphabet ! Something that begins
with C. *g*

Would that be 'C' for 'control'? Okay, you probably
meant catts. At this point, until we move, I can't buy
any more tall plants. My shelving is pretty much full
and it's pretty limited on the height. I'll straighten
it up and get a pic and show you what I mean.

I also have a self-imposed limit on myself. It's more
of a reluctance, I guess, to spending $20 on a plant.
Since so many things yesterday were in the $3 to $10
range, I just couldn't make myself spend $20 or more
on any one plant. And most of the catts seemed to be
in that $20 range (and all of the paphs and bulbos.)

Tracey

Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Steve

Tracey wrote:
Yeah, she's an evil woman for taunting us this way.

Hey, you've been talking to my kids, haven't you?

I, for one, will forgive her if she comes through with
he pictures! ;-)

Yep, later today. I hope.

Tracey

I've seen your pictures and all is forgiven. ;-)
Thanks for showing your new plants and thanks for taking us to the show!

Steve

Old 01-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Karen

Tracey wrote:
[...]

I for one an disgusted with envy. Good going girl!
Karen