Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Miami Orchid Show... save your money

Danny: Displays are pretty, but there are downsides. (1) They run up the
cost of doing the show and thus discourage vendor participation. (2) They
send a terrible message to the potential newbies that have never grown
orchids before -- and think they can grow orchids like that (planted in the
ground along with their ferns, all genera mixed together, etc.). It may be
hard to believe, for those interested enough to be reading this ng, but I
routinely hear "but I saw them planted like that at (name your show)" when
folks bring me a dead or dying orchid to diagnose and try to treat ... Kenni

"danny" wrote in message
Actually it's the Redland International Orchid "Festival". I'd have a
hard time calling it a show. When I think of an orchid "show", displays
are a major part of it.