Old 10-03-2006, 07:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Default Web Site Alert - spectacular Cym. goeringii

I stumbled across this site tonite - the variety of Cymbidium goeringii from
Korea
presented is mind-boggling. And beautiful. I am still having "Ooooo,
pretty!" moments.

http://www.koreaorchid.info/orchid_e.htm

Sorry for the aborted post earlier - my fingers got ahead of me.

--
-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Thanks Eric, Did you click on "Orchids in natural state"
Orchid plants mounted on unique stones set in bonsai type dishes.
Absolutely awsome!!! If I had the money & space, oh well we can dream.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 10-03-2006, 08:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids
P Max

Thanks Eric! Very different focus. Some goeringii's were exceptional.
Foliage is a notable factor in his breeding program well.
The mounts are very artistic,Wendy! Puts us (me) to shame with our cork,
cut of oak or mass produced black pots.
Peter

Old 10-03-2006, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Did you notice the photos of them growing in semi-hydroponics....sort-of?

It is pretty common for growers in the far east to use pumice or a mixture
of pumice and tree fern fiber as the growing medium, which is watered and
fertilized on a frequent basis. No reservoir, but the concept is similar.