Old 12-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Top 10 species?

Mick,

Of course.

I may be foolish, but I ain't stupid. (Likewise, I may be easy, but I ain't
cheap)

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
.. .
Ray,

My, my... now what a strange coincidence that is. But then again
whowudathoughtit but another orchid peddler?

Mick

PS, three of them are not in my catalog.

Old 12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Mick Fournier

Ray,

You're a newsgroup national treasure.

Mick

Old 15-04-2003, 03:20 AM
profpam

Ray,

I would tend to agree with Mick; however, I would probably rearrange the
order, placing V. coerulecens as number 1 or 2 as I believe that Cities
prohibits export of this one. I would give Polyrrhiza lindeni the
number 2 spot, and Neofinetia falcata would take the third spot. Also,
I have found Mick's flasks superb, especially the Neofinetia falcata --
these are hardy little critters. Nevertheless, I think that one might
place these top 10 species on top due to high volume in sales. Just
growing stuff that one likes is only desireable for the hobbyist but not
profitable to the grower unless he/she doesn't care about sales.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote:

I haven't checked, but were they picked because Mick has them for sale?

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com
Secure Online Ordering & Lots of Free Info!

"SBF" wrote in message
This group was certainly not picked for their ease of growth!

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Mark,

Cattleya dowiana
Neofinetia falcata
Polyrrhiza lindeni
Phalaenopsis violacea var coerulea
Cattleya lueddemanniana
Paphiopedilum philipenense
Brassavola nodosa
Cattleya hardyana
Paraphalaenopsis denevei
Vanda coerulecens

Mick
www.OrchidFlask.com

--------------------------------

Old 15-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Mick Fournier

Pam,

A few weeks ago I was in Bruce Pearson's owner's cage inside his Tropical
World Nursery in Boynton Beach Florida. Bruce had taken his top five Vanda
coerulescens plants (in bloom) with the blue-est flowers I have ever seen
and hung them high in his owner's cage of Not-for-Sale plants. Walking
under these flowers was an incredible fragrance rush... you could almost see
and feel the curtain of fragrance falling on your body as you stepped
beneath these flowering vandas. I can see how someone would rate this plant
as number one.

Mick

---------

Old 16-04-2003, 01:56 AM
profpam

Mick,

Not only desire but scarcity due to Cites would dictate that anything
coerulescens in Vandas and Cattleyas would place these high on the
scale. I am going to stay with the Neofinetia Sally Roth flask (hardy
grower)I purchased from you in '99 and perhaps gather enough funds from
program sales to buy another neofinetia (yellow).