Old 25-03-2006, 06:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default non flowering orchid

In article k9_Uf.75$qm2.55@trnddc03,
says...
~Yikes! Sorry, my only excuse is that I am still living on less sleep than I
~would like to have, and thus am more likely to make mistakes -- do as I
~think, not as I say :-). My thoughts were clearly "Dark green means too
~little light."
~Joanna
~
~"kenty" wrote in message
~
~ "jtill" wrote in message
~ ups.com...
~ Along with rec.gardens.orchids (you can see the fine help posted
~ already) you can use a Search engine like GOOGLE. Try "Oncidiums 101".
~ That gave me many sites discussing Onc. care. The information will at
~ first seem overwhelming, scattered, different strokes from different
~ folks, but after researching it a bit things will start to fall into
~ place.
~ Now for my two cents; Use the south window but place it to get only
~ the morning sun and bright shade in the afternoon, possibly south side
~ of a larger plant to filter the afternoon sun. Use expanded clay and
~ repot in a SemiHydro type arrangement ( Google again). Feed with a weak
~ solution bi-weekly. Flush with water weekly ( Run 2 quarts of water
~ thru a one quart pot). The leaves should go to a light green with a
~ tinge of yellow (dark green indicates too much light). Relax. ;-)) For
~ me half the fun is the research and groups.
~ Joe T
~ Baytown, Texas
~
~ Joe T
~ Snip -dark green indicates too much light
~
~ The opposite.
~ Keith
~
~
~
~
~
~
Joanna, get some sleep. You didn't even write that! :-))
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 25-03-2006, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Uh, Joanna? Are the orchids getting to you, or is it new mommyhood? You're
apologizing for advice given by someone else!! G

Diana

Old 26-03-2006, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

True. The devil made me do it! I pulled a Bush! Light green for
Sunshine! My two cents turned into a bad debt! ;-))))))

Old 26-03-2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Wish I had a nickel for every time someone made a mistake in this group,
Joe!

Diana