Old 28-04-2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Oncidium ornithorhynchum 'Lilac Soap'

They are in business to sell plants, right? But only if it is easy and
cheap? Seems strange.
JT

Old 29-04-2006, 04:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

I guess you have to look at all of the circumstances before making that kind
of judgment, Joe.

I sell plants, but do not export precisely for the reasons I mentioned.
Why? Because my "real job" and trying to run the non-plant part of the
business occupies a lot more of my time than I can spare pursuing the
documentation - particularly those for CITES. As that time has to come from
somewhere, the logical loser is the service I provide to the rest of my
customers.

I have seen businesses try to discourage export orders by charging truly
exorbitant fees for getting the documentation, and I suppose if I was
willing to "hose" customers that way, I might be more inclined to take the
money and run, but I don't feel that's fair to anyone.

By taking a "no export" policy on plants, I can dedicate my time to serving
the huge majority of my customers better.

oups.com...

Old 29-04-2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

I understand that Ray and probably was a little short tempered about
the whole thing. Sorry.
Joe T

Old 29-04-2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

No problemo, mi amigo.

oups.com...

Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Duncan V

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I am down the road a bit. Houston,Texas. Will you ship?
Joe T

I would ship it somewhere in Canada if u know someone that can provide
proper paperwork.