Old 26-04-2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Oncidium ornithorhynchum 'Lilac Soap'

Sure hard to find, anybody know where I can get one?
Joe T

Old 27-04-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

That's the clone I have. If my spreadsheet is correct then we got it from
Lines Orchids about 5 years ago. They are in Signal Mountain, Tennessee
right outside Chattanooga. I have no idea if they still carry it. Another
member of our society has a different ornithorhynchum that actually smells a
lot better (more like Sharry Baby). Is there a reason you want that
particular clone? I'm not sure it's really much better than any other O.
ornithorhynchum.
-danny

oups.com...

Old 27-04-2006, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Nope, just looking for the most fragrant, and, without much info to go
on. I have a new Sharry Baby and like the sound of 'Lilac Soap'. :-))
maybe others will lend their expertise on this as which is the most
fragrant, and otherwise superior, clone.
J T

I will check with Lines

Old 27-04-2006, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Well Lines doesn't have a WEB page that I can find. I found the plant
at "Orchids in Our Tropics" and have ordered one!
Joe T

Old 27-04-2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On 26 Apr 2006 20:46:58 -0700, "jtill" wrote:

Well Lines doesn't have a WEB page that I can find. I found the plant
at "Orchids in Our Tropics" and have ordered one!
Joe T

If your nuts on fragrance there is a recent book on the subject and I
remember seeing a web site listing of fragrant orchids. You may find
it with a goggle search. Neofineta falcata is my choice for small and
fragrant. Although some of the Angraecum family are heavy hitters as
well.
SuE

Old 27-04-2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Fragrance is second only to"what I can grow". I GOOGLED up some
Neofineta, 20 to 2500 bucks, take your pick!
Joe T
PS; I bought the book!

Old 27-04-2006, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Duncan V

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sure hard to find, anybody know where I can get one?
Joe T

If u are in canada (calgary, alberta) i have one and i don't really like it.
I think i actually have a few divisions if anyone else wants one. I think
mine came from Paramount Orchids.

Old 27-04-2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Well, I am down the road a bit. Houston,Texas. Will you ship?
Joe T

Old 27-04-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Thanks Reka, I have been to that site often!
Joe T

Old 28-04-2006, 04:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:14:37 +0200, Reka
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
~Fragrance is second only to"what I can grow". I GOOGLED up some
~Neofineta, 20 to 2500 bucks, take your pick!
~Joe T
~PS; I bought the book!
~
~
You've smelled the plant, you've bought the book, now SEE the WEBSITE!!!
Coming to a monitor near you soon:
http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/frag.html

--

I thought that was from the London group. Thanks for finding it. Very
helpful. I still like to pick them in bloom. Although any of the

They are no more expensive than any of the Ascda I buy.
Try Natt's in Naperville (south side of Chicago area)
http://www.nattsorchids.com/ Especially if you want them shipped.
If your in the area don't miss the ChicagoLand Festival in the End of
Sept. All the gh have open house. -- Sure today I don't see one Neo
Cross on the list. Send them a note if your looking for something.
SuE
Old 28-04-2006, 10:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh

Sue,

At Nat's they're under the Vandas starting with #27.

Bob
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:14:37 +0200, Reka
wrote:

In article .com,
says...

Old 28-04-2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Course you know that an 'EDIT' 'FIND' will snap to all the XS plants in
a snap! ;-))
Joe

Old 28-04-2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

I found one in Canada but they won't ship to the US! I find that
strange.
Joe T

Old 28-04-2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Why is that strange?

Even coming from Canada, phytosanitary certs and CITES docs are needed, and
those can be a hassle and costly to get.

oups.com...