Old 01-05-2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Where there is Grass.....

Is it fair to say that where there is grass(healthy, thick grass) there
is enough light for orchids?
Joe T

Old 01-05-2006, 05:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

On 1 May 2006 09:01:02 -0700 in .com jtill wrote:
Is it fair to say that where there is grass(healthy, thick grass) there
is enough light for orchids?

For most species people keep, I'd suspect there might be too much light.

--
Chris Dukes
tajwerk this job isnt bad though. Today we had free breakfast and
Old 02-05-2006, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

The most important take home messages from my trip to the Borneo jungles
last year were that orchids were most prolific where there had been a
disturbance in the tree canopy (path, fallen tree, cliff) and that the light
level where many plants were growing and flowering was significantly less
than I had thought it would be. It seems that these breaks in the canopy
enable direct sunlight to reach the forest floor but for limited periods of
time as the earth rotates but for most of the day the plants are in shade
with filtered light.

"?" wrote in message
rg...
On 1 May 2006 09:01:02 -0700 in