Old 12-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Ray C.

Default Looking for Paph micranthum Flask in Canada

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good paph flask supplier in Canada. Looking to
obtain parvi and brachy paphs. Paph micranthum would make my day.

Thanks Much
Ray
Old 12-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Ted Byers

"Ray C." wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good paph flask supplier in Canada. Looking to
obtain parvi and brachy paphs. Paph micranthum would make my day.

You might want to visit http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/ as COC has a
couple links on their home page to vendors, one for Canadian vendors and a
second for all the others.

That said, Alan Bickell Orchids deals in paphs and focusses on flasks, but
you may want to send him email as his website appears to be incomplete.

Cloud's Orchids also deals in paphs. among other things, but I don't see any
flasks in his catalog. But if you send him email, he may be able to tell
you who does deal in flasks.

Laboratoire Orchidexpert - Mario Mongeon also deals in paphs and flasks.
among other things, but I don't see any description of the plants he has
available in flask in his catalog, so again you want to send him email.

I have not personally dealt with any of these as I haven't yet bought any
flasks and I have bought only one paph and one phrag (at a SOOS meeting.
There aren't many lady's slippers that apeal to me. Yet! ;-)

These are just a few Ontario vendors to get you started. There are many
others dealing in paphs or flasks or both, and contact information is
available for all on the COC website.

Cheers,

Ted

Old 12-11-2003, 10:02 PM
TQPL

Hi Ray C,

You are going to find it difficult to find pure
Pavisepalum flasks almost anywhere in the world -
even in 2003.

Paph. micranthum does not germinate abundantly.
You might if you are very lucky find some flasks
with small numbers in.

If you look at most peoples flask lists you will
simply not find them.

Primary parvisepalum crosses should not be too
much of a problem.

Brachypetalum flasks should not be too difficult
to locate as most germinate well.
Good luck.
With regards
Alan L Winthrop
http://www.tissuequickplantlabs.com

Old 13-11-2003, 09:32 AM
TQPL

Follow up...
My general following statement does not apply to
the old P.delenatii which germinates readily and
is a Parvisepalum.
With regards
Alan L Winthrop
http://www.tissuequickplantlabs.com

"TQPL" wrote
in message

Old 13-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Ray C.

Thanks Ted and Alan. You have given me somewhere to start. I last
obtained some flasks from an American Orchid supplier, Sam Tsui or
Orchid Inn. Great plants so far. I was lucky enough to have him bring
them to a local orchid show and picked them up there. He was even able
to ship me some flasks from across the country when he was at another
show.
I envy the all the paph lovers in the States as there seems to be
flasks available to them everywhere!!

Thanks again guys!

"TQPL" wrote in message ...
[...]

Flask for orchid tissue culture profpam Orchids 1 20-07-2003 11:08 PM
Question for those who flask seeds dusty Orchids 5 14-07-2003 01:32 PM
New paph seedlings out of flask Jonathan Phua Orchids 6 01-07-2003 09:32 AM
Flask Phal Hybrids PeterPPL Orchids 0 28-04-2003 11:56 AM
Please help: making flask and medium Thomas Wong Orchids 3 21-03-2003 04:32 PM