Old 17-09-2006, 05:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default BFP

We usually call it BSP for Blatant Self Promotion, but this time I'm going
to call it BFP for Blatant Friend Promotion.

If any of you don't have Eric Hunt's picture site bookmarked, now's your
chance:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/

I usually just skip in for a quick look around then notice an hour has gone
by as I just noodle around the photos. He had some city scapes of street
art that melted away a few hours, too..

K Barrett

Old 17-09-2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Kathy,

*blush* Aww, thanks

Flickr was what allowed me to publish my non-orchid photography quickly and
easily. It's a lot easier to post a photo to Flickr than it is to get it up
on my site.

But I am taking 95% plant photos these days. But there are lots and lots of
non-orchid plant photos up on my Flickr site. There's quite a nice, active
group of botany nerds posting and discussing on Flickr.

Things like Crassula capitella:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/242937478/

Aloe africana:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/225625162

Thanks =)

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

. ..

Old 17-09-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:53:09 -0700, "Eric Hunt"
wrote:
Eric -

They are marvelous and I got distracted by the Masdevallia tagged
photos. On page 4 the 12th shot is a piller with a Cym.-- Just
thought you would want to know. -- Delightful collection. Better than
the judging slides I have been trying to study. It is soooo much
easier looking at pix on the screen than to hold a slide up.

Thanks for the great resource.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Old 18-09-2006, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Sue,

You're welcome!

Can you send me the URL of the Page 4, 12th shot? It's hard to determine
what you're talking about using that.

Slides are evil - you have to have a large light table and a good loupe to
not go crosseyed and/or give yourself a migrane.

I'm slowly sending all my old slides out for scanning. In bulk it's about
55cents/slide and the quality is very good.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 25-09-2006, 02:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:30:02 -0700, "Eric Hunt"
wrote:

Sue,

You're welcome!

Can you send me the URL of the Page 4, 12th shot? It's hard to determine
what you're talking about using that.

Slides are evil - you have to have a large light table and a good loupe to
not go crosseyed and/or give yourself a migrane.

I'm slowly sending all my old slides out for scanning. In bulk it's about
55cents/slide and the quality is very good.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Sorry to be so long without an answer -- We were in Chi-town.

I took your url and found a search - so I was admiring the
Masdevallias - I have to do a judging talk next month.

When to my startled eyes this one appears... It appears to be as
labeled. Why it pulls into the Masdevallia show, I can not imagine.

Cymbidium Sarah Jean 'Ice Cascade'
Uploaded on 17 December 2005

I hope this helps you find it faster. Bad sorts are like intermittent
bugs - often difficult to find and pin a reason on.