Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Misting systems

I have read here and elsewhere much discussion about the pros and cons
of misting. What I get from that is this, if you enjoy misting go ahead
the plants won't notice either way. If you automate your wife's misting
you just may remove a simple pleasure from her. IMO which is just that,
an opinion. How about a gift card from Juno Orchids or a box of the new
improved PA from Ray's? ;-))
Joe T

Dan Marker wrote:
I want to buy my wife a misting system for her orchids as a surprise
present. Any recommendations? She has about 40 orchids, probably about 15 of
which are hanging in pots or on sticks and need regular misting, provided
now from a squirt bottle. All of them are in a heated, shaded, ventilated
sunroom.

I don't know a whole lot about orchids. The Pro Mist system
(http://www.pro-products.com/promist.html) seems really nice, but everything
on their website is oriented toward reptile owners.

Dan Marker

Automatic Misting Controll Switch Larry Dighera Orchids 13 18-06-2003 09:32 PM
Misting John Mallery Orchids 0 04-05-2003 05:32 PM
[IBC] Moss in dry climes (was: [IBC] Misting outdoor trees) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-04-2003 02:44 PM
[IBC] Misting outdoor trees Brian Berggoetz Bonsai 4 12-04-2003 08:20 AM
Misting System Broken Sam Bass Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM