Old 07-05-2008, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Faz Faz is offline

Default Question on Cymbidiums

I have a cymbidium that started out as a small plant, has now been divided
into 5 plants over the years, and now they are starting to be hugh. I know
the roots are ready to split my pots. My question is when I repot should I
cut back some of the root system or just go to a larger pot? I'm already up
to a 12" pot. Running out of space....

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Chuck.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi Chuck, Yes you can trim some of the roots but it will set the plant
back a while. I would just divide &
usually if the pot is bursting, there are some old leafless pseudos in the
middle that you could cut out.
I have use a "sod sickle" on some of mine!
Cheers Wendy

"Faz" wrote in message
I have a cymbidium that started out as a small plant, has now been divided
into 5 plants over the years, and now they are starting to be hugh. I know
the roots are ready to split my pots. My question is when I repot should I
cut back some of the root system or just go to a larger pot? I'm already up
to a 12" pot. Running out of space....

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Chuck.

Another question about Cymbidiums Ted Byers Orchids 3 05-03-2009 01:47 AM
How to plant cymbidiums? Dicky Orchids 1 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Help for a Novice! Repotting Cymbidiums Fred Le Blanc Orchids 2 23-04-2003 12:44 AM
Advice please on repotting cymbidiums Chris Ridge Orchids 8 01-04-2003 12:20 AM
Warm Tolerant Cymbidiums [email protected] Orchids 6 27-03-2003 05:44 AM