Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Humic Acid

Many moons ago, when I was experimenting with developing my own,
better-but-much-cheaper SuperThrive (abandoned, due to EPA regs), I began
using humic acid as an additive to the formulation.

I am quite certain of its benefit in soils, as it helps release
otherwise-sequestered nutrients, but I questioned its applicability to
orchid-growing.

I know this is quite unscientific, but about 4 months ago - just before the
time I had to start mostly "ignoring" my collection due to the various
surgeries I endured - I added a liquid humic acid concentrate to my
fertilizer feed tank, so have been feeding with it (it ends up being about a
teaspoon per gallon), and it "looks" like it may be a "plus" after all, as I
am seeing more growth and blooms than I had been (again I'll state - it's
quite an unscientific assessment).

Anyone else have any thoughts or experience?

Humic Acid? T[_4_] Edible Gardening 11 10-12-2016 04:12 PM
Humic Acid Ray B[_2_] Orchids 15 12-07-2008 01:36 AM
Humic Acid Ray B[_2_] Orchids 6 11-07-2008 09:36 PM
oxalic acid or sulphuric acid to lower water hardness? Alexander Orchids 8 22-06-2005 05:16 PM
Fruit trees vs acid soil simy1 Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 08:56 PM