Old 30-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Wendy

Default Phaius Tankervilleae

Wow! what kind of potting mix do you use, V? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
news
You don't say what size your Phaius is. As a terrestrial, Phaius spp can
grow very large. I have one in a 4 gal pot, which just finished blooming
having produced 4-6' spikes and 2-7' ones. It definately is going to need
repotting. The blooming size bulbs are all about 4-6" tall and 3-4" across
at the widest (sizes are estimates). Smaller than that, you might get a
small bloom stem but don't expect it. The foliage is all about 2' long
(some
maybe a little bigger). Don't plan on growing this one under lights.

"Karen" wrote in message
I have one that I have never bloomed and I need some advice.

First of all when is it suppose to bloom? Mine has new P-bulbs that are
starting to send out roots of their own. They look fairly mature but no
flowers.

I suppose this is when I should let it dry out???? (at least that is
what my info says to do.)

I feel like I am in over my head this this one.
Karen

Old 01-05-2003, 01:32 AM
V_coerulea

Hi Wendy,
I just use a standard mix like Miracle-Gro with a little extra perlita
added. Nothing special. Lots of summer light, heat, fertilizer, and water.
Drier in winter, and in spring....BAM...firecrackers on beanpoles. It's very
easy in a greenhouse. Inside, I don't know.

"Karen" wrote in message
I have one that I have never bloomed and I need some advice.

First of all when is it suppose to bloom? Mine has new P-bulbs that

are
starting to send out roots of their own. They look fairly mature but

no
flowers.

I suppose this is when I should let it dry out???? (at least that is
what my info says to do.)

I feel like I am in over my head this this one.
Karen

Phaius flavus [email protected] Orchids 8 29-03-2011 06:32 PM
Phaius hybrid and a couple other questions bobc[_2_] Orchids 11 15-03-2007 06:39 PM
Phaius Dan Rosenberg al Orchid Photos 1 01-03-2007 12:02 AM
Phaius Karen Orchids 2 07-05-2003 02:44 PM
Ohaius Tankervilleae Kenni Judd Orchids 6 02-05-2003 06:08 AM