Old 02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Off Topic: Why Can't I See My Own Posts?

I'm not going to repost my So. Fla. Orchid Events message, since last time
all the rest of you saw it several times, even tho I never did [till I put
it in a different thread]. But can any of you tell me how to adjust my
settings so that I can see what I've posted?

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Old 02-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

What news reader do you use?

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

Old 02-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Diane Mancino

Adelphia here and it happens to me too. Makes it seem like the posts sent
are ignored lol, or you forgot what you said in the first place
"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
What news reader do you use?

Old 02-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Kenni Judd

I use Outlook Express. Interestingly, now that someone has replied, my post
is now visible.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Old 02-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Diane Mancino

I use outlook express too. Is there a free reader online? finding old posts
would be easier. If conversation is informative, I like to keep the whole
thread for reference

Diane

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Outlook Express - look at ViewCurrent View and see how you've got it
configured.

One of the issues with newsgroups is the responsiveness of your service
provider's servers. I have Comcast (Giganews), and there are days that my
I have to wait a few minutes.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com
Secure Online Ordering & Lots of Free Info!

t...

Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Dave Lockwood

You might want to check the configuration you have set up under the "View"
heading. Then under "Current View". O.E. is fairly flexible and permits
you to get into trouble if you aren't careful. The Microsoft support website
has answers to many questions like this.

Old 03-06-2003, 05:56 AM
MD

I have that problem on abpo posting the few photos I've posted. It's weird
because others will respond to my photos, and I can see those posts...but I
can never see my original.

I've never had that problem with text only. I use OE with a mac and
adelphia.

MD

Old 04-06-2003, 12:44 AM
tbell

I had the same problem in spades when I tried to use my ISP for
newsgroups, but have been very pleased with the least expensive version of
Giganews.
Tom