Old 11-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Gerard-P

Default Den. pendulum

Hi all,

Early this year I bought a Dendrobium Pendulum

(three in fact) in a plastic basket, standing upright.

They should hang down of course but I have a

problem finding the right way to pot or attach them.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

Gerard

Old 11-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Gene Schurg

Gerard,

I can't speak specifically for that variety since I don't have it in my
collection.

I do have other pendant Dendrobium species. First you could put a hook on
the bottom of the basket and just hang it on a wall the plant will gradually
hang lower as the canes grow out.

Another option would be to get a slab of cork, or other untreated wood.
Drill two small holes about 1/2 inch apart. Make a small wad of long fibre
moss. Thread a piece of thin wire or fishing line (monofilament) through
the holes so that a big loop is on the front of the slab. I like fishing
line because it dissapears when it's pulled tight.

Put the moss wad on the board under the loop then place the barerooted
dendrobium on top and pull the loop tight from behind the board. Tie the
wire or fishing line tight.

One final option would be just to hang the basket from a hook and eventually
the growths will get heavy and hang down. I have a Den sulawensience that
is growing in a 4 inch pot. I just sat the pot in a vanda basket. As the
canes get long and heavy I take a twist tie and lash it to one of the wire
hanger legs so it sticks out over the edge of the basket.

You have lots of choices. It only depends on how you want to care for the
plant.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Gerard-P" wrote in message
Hi all,

Early this year I bought a Dendrobium Pendulum

(three in fact) in a plastic basket, standing upright.

They should hang down of course but I have a

problem finding the right way to pot or attach them.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

Gerard

Den. Kilani Rose x Den. Pink Pixie Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 01-04-2007 09:12 PM
Culture for den speciosum & den aureum keith ;-\) Orchids 0 21-03-2005 09:03 PM
Den. pendulum Gerard-P Orchids 27 26-07-2003 03:12 AM
Den Aggregatum syn Den Lindleyii Siew Hong Orchids 0 13-05-2003 02:32 PM