Old 17-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Wendy

Default Need advice on Cherry Trees - Attn. Daniel

No wait Daniel!!!! Save that space for a greenhouse. Stick around here & you
will
have it set up & full in no time. *g*
Good luck with your garden. Also if you can get binaries news groups there
is:-
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Cheers Wendy
"Danielb" wrote in message
Ah thanks for pointing that out and not flaming! To rec.gardens.edible I

go!

Up, up and away!

Daniel

"Al" wrote in message
There is a big difference between orchids, (the flowers) and orchards,

(the
place fruit trees are planted). You may get an answer to your question

in
this group which generally discusses orchids (the flowers), and it may

even
be a good one from people who grow both fruit trees and orchids. Ask it

in
rec.gardens or rec.gardens.edible and you may get many really good

answers
from people who are specifically into the fruit trees.

You are not the first person to make the orchid/orchard mistake. :-)

"Danielb" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm new to this group and gardening, having just bought my first

house.
am
currently attempting to tame my back garden (the previous owners had

done
nothing for a whole year), once I have expanded the lawn into the old
allotment and border I would like to plant a cherry tree. But I am not

sure
about what type of tree or the best place to plant it. I want

something
that
will stay pretty small (under 12ft) and will withstand the Scottish

weather.
Any advice on verities to look at or where to plant it?

Cheers,

Daniel