Old 29-07-2003, 12:05 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Default Epidendrum question

hallo,
Does anyone know what the difference is between an epidendrum
pseudoepidendrum and an epidendrum pseudidendrum?
I was trying to read my new book "Orquideas" by Takashi Kijima. (don't know
spanisch, and it's a spanisch translation. Still a great book, I just need a
good dictionary.)
Well in this book there are pics of both plants, thing is I bought a
epidendrum last year. Tag sais Epi. pseudoepidendrum but the flower looked
more like the second plant.
So if anyone can help me figure out which plant I have, it would be very
appreciated.

Peter

Old 29-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Nina Baltes

Boystrup Pb, ann,... wrote:
hallo,
Does anyone know what the difference is between an epidendrum
pseudoepidendrum and an epidendrum pseudidendrum?
I was trying to read my new book "Orquideas" by Takashi Kijima. (don't know
spanisch, and it's a spanisch translation. Still a great book, I just need a
good dictionary.)
Well in this book there are pics of both plants, thing is I bought a
epidendrum last year. Tag sais Epi. pseudoepidendrum but the flower looked
more like the second plant.

Seems to me that "pseudidendrum" is mislabeled. The species is prone to
that anyway, the correct name is pseuDEpidendrum .
Do the pictures in the book look similar? There is also an alba variety
of pseudepidendrum with a yellow lip.

Nina
--
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
Louis Pasteur
Old 30-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

In the book the pseudoepidendrum has a yellow lip and the rest of the flower
is very light (pinkish, wite, greenish) and the epi. pseudodidendrum is even
green with a dark orange almost red lip. I'll try to post a pic in alt
binaries...
Peter