Old 05-08-2003, 04:19 AM
Maryann Albano

Default Dumb but sincere question

It looks like I may have to submerge some of my Cats in a "scale busters"
solution. How do I do this without loosing the
planting medium all over the bucket? Thanks M.A

Old 05-08-2003, 04:19 AM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:09:20 -0400, Maryann Albano wrote:

It looks like I may have to submerge some of my Cats in a "scale busters"
solution. How do I do this without loosing the planting medium all over
the bucket? Thanks M.A

Try putting Saran wrap or similar plastic over the top of the pot and hold
it in place while dipping? Just an idea...
Old 05-08-2003, 09:02 PM
V_coerulea

If this only involves a few plants, I do what I do for shipping - wrap
plastic shopping bags around the top of the pot and use masking tape to hold
them in place. If you don't have enough, check your neighbors. I've got a
gazillion. Then dip 'til your heart's content. On a more massive scale, use
a gloved hand to hold the medium in place and invert to dip the top, dip the
bottom until the medium just floats, then spray the base thoroughly to get
what the top and bottom dip didn't get. I've got a bunch that need a garbage
can for dipping. If you want to try that method, wrap and tape pots as
described above. Add a few good sized rocks for ballast, and use the basket
hook to retrieve. If they're not in a basket, put the pot in one temporarily
for ease of retrieval, then add the rocks. Hope this helps.
Gary

thlink.net...

Old 06-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Ray

Gary,

Point your browser to the URL below and go to the Free Information page.
There's a piece there describing how I pack plants.