Old 06-08-2003, 04:02 PM
netlander

Default ENCYCLIA RADIATA plant care

I bought ENCYCLIA RADIATA about 2 weeks ago. The plant looks good with
old and new growth. The bulb on older growth are a bit shrunk, with
newer ones fuller. A couple of days ago, I noticed a 2 spikes coming
out in the middle of the leaves, one from older growth, one from newer
growth. I got very excited. Then I noticed that the bulbs of most of
my plants are shrinking, especially the ones spiking.

Since I'm new to this plant, I have a few questions.
1. bulbs not spiking is shriking a bit too but not as much. I noticed
that all the bulbs in the pot are "tied" together via rhizome. Is the
shrinking bulbs normal while flowering?
2. How often should I water the plant? Does it like the media to be a
bit dry before next watering?
3. How much sun light does it take? When I first got the plant, the
leaves are darker green, but changed to ligher green after I put it in
direct morning only sunlight.
4. The oldest bulb does not have any leaves. Is this "normal" ?

thanks all....

Encyclia lancifolia - Encyclia lancifolia.jpg (0/1) Susan Erickson Orchids 4 11-07-2003 01:22 AM
Encyclia lancifolia - Encyclia lancifolia.jpg (1/1) Susan Erickson Orchids 0 10-07-2003 06:44 AM
Habenaria radiata David J Bockman Orchids 2 26-05-2003 12:44 AM
Habenaria radiata Mark Prout Orchids 9 12-04-2003 01:44 AM
Habenaria radiata Mark Prout Gardening 9 12-04-2003 01:44 AM