Old 05-09-2003, 05:12 PM
dd

Default Nobile dendrobiums and Prime Agra

From reading Rays' chat group, I got the impression that nobile
dedrobiums do just fine in Prime Agra, so many of my outdoor and
indoor plants are in PA. They seem to be very happy. Now I"m wondering
whether I should do anything different to accomdate the plants'
"dormant" period. With PA, the water's always there or it's not, so I'm
not sure how to make the plants "sort of dry" --or if I should even
bother. Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Ray

I'm not a dendrob guy, but I grow a lot of drier-growing stuff in PrimeAgra
in ordinary plastic pots. When they're in active growth they sit in trays
of nutrient solution (making it S/H), and in the winter, they're not, so I
have to water "normally," allowing me to water heavily or lightly, as
needed.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
From reading Rays' chat group, I got the impression that nobile

Old 06-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Jimr

I have several in S/H and Prime Agra that are performing wonderfully.
I do not dry them in the winter, but I do stop fertilizer. If you
have trouble blooming them, then you can let the well run dry for a
few months. I would probably precede this with a few weeks with no
fertilizer, then a thorough flush to remove what may be left.

From reading Rays' chat group, I got the impression that nobile

Old 07-09-2003, 11:07 PM
dd

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

In article , Jimr
wrote:

I have several in S/H and Prime Agra that are performing wonderfully.
I do not dry them in the winter, but I do stop fertilizer. If you
have trouble blooming them, then you can let the well run dry for a
few months. I would probably precede this with a few weeks with no
fertilizer, then a thorough flush to remove what may be left.

dd wrote in message
t...
From reading Rays' chat group, I got the impression that nobile

Old 09-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Mattias Baecklund

What is this S/H your talking about.
Cheers
Mattias Baecklund

"Jimr" skrev i meddelandet
m...
I have several in S/H and Prime Agra that are performing wonderfully.
I do not dry them in the winter, but I do stop fertilizer. If you
have trouble blooming them, then you can let the well run dry for a
few months. I would probably precede this with a few weeks with no
fertilizer, then a thorough flush to remove what may be left.

dd wrote in message

t...
From reading Rays' chat group, I got the impression that nobile

Old 09-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:18:31 +0200, "Mattias Baecklund"
wrote:

What is this S/H your talking about.
Cheers
Mattias Baecklund

Semi-Hydroponics
See the discussion on First Rays Orchids Web site.
www.firstrays.com
It is a method of providing a constant water source to plants
that like a little more water or a more consistent dampness
around their roots. It also provides adequate air for the roots,
which does not always happen with moss or CHC.

I have several in S/H and Prime Agra that are performing wonderfully.
From reading Rays' chat group, I got the impression that nobile
dedrobiums do just fine in Prime Agra, so many of my outdoor and
indoor plants are in PA. They seem to be very happy. Now I"m wondering

SuE