Old 09-09-2003, 03:05 AM
Claude

Default Wish List

Helo everyone!

Now that a new season has just begun, here is my plant wish list for this year. If anyone know where I can get those plants in Canada, please let me know.

Blue Phal

1. Phal violecea `Gulfsteam Blue` JC/AOS
2. Dtps. Kenneth Schulbert ` Blue Ribbon` BM/JOGA

Green Phal

1. Phal ( Fortune Buddha X Sogo Gelbliambo) `orchids`

Multiflora

1. Phal. Brother Princess `Hai-tong` HCC/AOS

Purple Phal

1. Phal. Equlacea

Orchid World

Phal. Orchid World `Hawaiian King `

What is your wish list???

Bye

Claude

--
Please remove the POT to reply
Old 09-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

Good grief, Claude, you don't want to see my wish list!

Diana

Old 09-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Diana Kulaga

Old 09-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Diana Kulaga

Old 10-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

I can imaging how long it can be, Ive been told that my list is rather small.
Mine is 8 pages, over 500 different plants, mostly botanicle stuff.

Claude I'm sorry can't help you. Don't know any vendors in your nech off the woods. I'm european and prefer mostly natural species and natural hybrids. Had to draw the line somewhere. Doesn't mean that I don't buy hybrids every now and then. Just won't go looking for them. Would much rather make my own hybrids.
Cheers
Peter

"Diana Kulaga" schreef in bericht ink.net...

Old 10-09-2003, 04:27 AM
Ted Byers

Claude,

For Canadian vendors, generally, you may want to visit the Canadian Orchid Congress at :

http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/

For Phal hybrids, you want to see Ralph at

http://www.arjayorchids.com/

Ralph specializes in phal hybrids. He has no interest in selling phal species or other genera (though I am sure he has one or two specimens from other genera).

Doug and Terry often have very impressive plants of many orchid genera including Phals. You can reach them at:

http://www.orchidsinourtropics.com

I have not bought any of theirs, though, because they didn't have the species I wanted, and at the time, I wasn't looking for the hybrids they had. But I know they have excellent plants because I routinely visit their display table at the SOOS meetings.

You may also want to talk to Howard at Bedford - MFC Orchids. You can reach him at:

http://www.bedfordorchids.com

On his site, especially, you will find a wealth of information. Again, I know him only by reputation, and the guys that DO have the stuff I look for (who, alas, don't have websites) have recommended him. Where in Canada are you?

For Phal violecea `Gulfsteam Blue` JC/AOS, you may have to wait until next year because the only place I have found it in North America that has it and they only have a few specimens. They are propagating them and hope to have some for sale next year, and, in talking to the guys I buy species specimens from, we will likely bring some in when they become available. Of course, if Murphy strikes, the wait may be a little longer. The vendor will export, but has a minimum order requirement, so my suppliers, being dealers, will easily be able to order far more than the vendor's minimum export order, and one of them will piggy-back my order on theirs. Alas, I can't give their email address, in part because I have had some computer troubles lately and have yet to recover email I had sent or received before last Friday. But, if you're interested, send me the email address you normally use and I will forward it to them so they can make contact. I am sure that one or the other of them has had the items on your wish list at one time or another.

Alas, I know only a handful of people, and they are in either southern Ontario or in Montreal. Sorry I can't be of more help.

HTH

Ted

Old 11-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Claude

Thanks a lot Ted!

I`m in montreal!
My email is:

You know what to do

Old 11-09-2003, 02:47 AM
Ted Byers

Claude,

I sent your email address to a friend in Montreal, and I expect he'll be contacting you shortly. And, of course, if you have visited the urls I mentioned, you will already know that Bedford Orchids has a location in Montreal. And I have been given permission to send the email address of a friend to you, who happens to be in Toronto. He also deals largely in phal species and primary hybrids.

Cheers,

Ted
"Claude" wrote in message ...

Thanks a lot Ted!

I`m in montreal!
My email is:

You know what to do

Old 11-09-2003, 11:05 PM
dd

My wish list could be summed up in one word: greenhouse. Want one.
Can't afford one. Don't have space for one. Argh!

Old 12-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

More than 220 plants, student, appartment, no money, school starting, no
room and 15 full sized plants coming this weekend. The only thing missing is
a bug invasion
How does that sound?
Cheers, goodnight, I'll be back!!!!!!
Peter

"dd" schreef in bericht

Old 12-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Claude

Oh my GOD !

I tought I was sick by spendins lots of time with my orchids ( 9 plants
now ) but.....

I am so jealous of you!!!!

Bye...

Claude

. be...

Old 12-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Don't be I'm just crazy for orchids.
Cheers
Peter
"Claude" schreef in bericht

Old 12-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Jonathan Phua

My wish lists:

roots and blooms!

jon
"Ted Byers" wrote in message .. .
Claude,

I sent your email address to a friend in Montreal, and I expect he'll be contacting you shortly. And, of course, if you have visited the urls I mentioned, you will already know that Bedford Orchids has a location in Montreal. And I have been given permission to send the email address of a friend to you, who happens to be in Toronto. He also deals largely in phal species and primary hybrids.

Cheers,

Ted
"Claude" wrote in message ...

Thanks a lot Ted!