Old 17-09-2003, 10:44 PM
dd

Default dark line on phal leaf rib

Here's a puzzler: I've got a phal, Taipei Gold, that has a thin, dark
line down the center of some leaf "ribs." It looks like something
you'd draw with a fine-tipped magic marker. It's just on the top side
of the leaves. It doesn't wash off or rub off. Other than this marking,
the plant looks pretty healthy. I've looked in all my orchid books, and
I don't see this symptom anywhere. Is this just a normal thing, or
should I be worried that it has some sort of weird virus?
Old 18-09-2003, 01:42 AM
K Barrett

Is it reddish maroon? Like what can happen when grown in high light? Taip[ei
Gold is a yellow flower, so I wouldn't expect maroon tinging (That usually
happens to red hued flowers) but hey, you never know till you ask.

K Barrett

Old 18-09-2003, 11:13 AM
dd

No, it really is a black line.

Old 18-09-2003, 04:42 PM
K Barrett

Well then you've got me stumped. As long as you don't think its a bacterial
rot (Progressing along the vein). I wouldn't know what to tell you to do.
Taipei Gold is a Zuma Canyon cross, right? They now have a webpage. I wonder
if you asked them if that was a common feature of the plant if they'd
answer you. Be nice in your phrasing, George can be touchy.

K Barrett

No name phal dark tenman Orchid Photos 0 09-05-2008 10:07 AM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
In line leaf strainer joe Ponds 3 25-06-2003 05:20 PM
cut leaf maple (thread leaf) question clipster Gardening 0 09-05-2003 07:20 PM