Old 02-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Nell

Default Yellow spots on phal leaf

Two of my phals are in full bloom. Both appear very healthy with large
glossy leaves, very green roots, etc.

However, the minute one of them broke into bloom, I noticed large
yellowish spots on its leaves. Nearly all the leaves have them, the
healthier the leaf, the more spots.

I can't imagine what is causing this. I haven't changed the way I treat
the plants, have not left water standing on the leaves, etc.

Anyone got any ideas? Will it spread to the other phals?

Norma in Ottawa

Old 05-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Kenni Judd

As a precaution, I would certainly isolate the plant until you figure out
what's going on.

Without more info, I can't even hazard a good guess -- I assume that you
have looked (on the undersides of the leaves) for and ruled out insects
[scale, mealybug] and mites as the culprits?

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
le.rogers.com...

Old 07-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Nell

Kenni Judd wrote:
As a precaution, I would certainly isolate the plant until you figure out
what's going on.

Without more info, I can't even hazard a good guess -- I assume that you
have looked (on the undersides of the leaves) for and ruled out insects
[scale, mealybug] and mites as the culprits?

Yes, there's nothing that can be seen, at least not with the naked eye.
The problem hasn't gotten any worse since I first posted here, but it
has not gotten any better either. The blooms seem as large as normal,
the colour seems normal, although they are not as numerous as last time,
when I got three stalks of blooms. This time only two.