Old 11-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Books to expand Lib.

All I want for Christmas is ???

I need some suggestions. Are the 6 books by Carl L. Withner
called Cattleyas and their relatives, the best?
Is Christenson's Phalaenopsis:A Monograph, a good resource if I
don't grow Phal.s?

Any others in the in depth department?
SuE
Old 11-12-2003, 04:43 PM
K Barrett

Christensens's book was very helpful when I had to write/research for
student work. I too have wondered about Withner's books.

If you've got a bunch of old AOS Bulletins I found that buying the AOS Index
has made them a resource. Of course both volumes of the index is costly
($$), but without it the mags are just potential trash. The Index only
covers the Bulletin years. No one has kept it up since they went to
'Orchids'

K Barrett

Old 13-12-2003, 04:33 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:34:27 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Christensens's book was very helpful when I had to write/research for
student work. I too have wondered about Withner's books.

If you've got a bunch of old AOS Bulletins I found that buying the AOS Index
has made them a resource. Of course both volumes of the index is costly
($$), but without it the mags are just potential trash. The Index only
covers the Bulletin years. No one has kept it up since they went to
'Orchids'

K Barrett

Thanks for the suggestion. We have the Bulletin back thru 86.
(A little dusty here and there) But all the volumes are complete.
I should get the index. I wonder why AOS does not do a better
job of indexing the thing year by year.

My problem is that I would rather go to one of the University
library than spend money keeping a collection of books I may
never again use (after my student days.)

On the other hand it does provide a list of suitable Christmas
and Birthday present material for the kids and Pa.
SuE