Old 30-03-2004, 12:34 AM
pmwebdesigns

Default Almost ready to expand

I'm almost ready to expand my pond.
On April I will start on my hole. The new pond will be 15x15 and 4 ft deep.
I got my liner in. I got my pump. Its a Sequence External Self Priming
Series
The flow rate is 1500 - 5400 G.P.H.
I'm going to have two bottom drains. I ordered Greg's CD to show me how to
do this.
I'm go have a settlement pond behind the big one with filter mat in it and
hide that with plants.
I'm still debating if I will have a waterfall. Don't really know how to make
one.
Oh yeah, I want a skimmer also.
Does all this sound good?
I want this one to be the last hole I dig.
I have Koi, Shubunkins, comets and sarassa's.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 30-03-2004, 01:43 AM
RichToyBox

Priss,

The pond sounds good and I would say that you shouldn't have to dig it
again, but everyone knows, a pond shrinks when it gets wet. The filter
system will be the area that will need the most upgrading, but that is done
as needed, after the fish population gets larger, and fish grow larger and
the begging gets louder and the food is fed more freely. My large pond is
12X18X3 to 3.5 feet deep. I still like the pond. The filters have had some
kind of upgrade every year, no going on 6.
--
RichToyBox

Old 30-03-2004, 02:02 AM
pmwebdesigns

Rich your Koi are gorgeous!!!! I ooo and ahhh over them.
I can't find any really quality Koi here. I have visited every petstore and
nothing has really impressed me.
The couple of Koi I have now came from Atlanta and a friend gave them to me.
I wish we had something locally here.
What do you mean the ponds go shrink. I hope this is some joke I didn't get.
lol
Priss

Old 30-03-2004, 02:42 AM
RichToyBox

Priss,

My brother is a boater. He says that boats shrink an average of one foot a
year once they get wet. That's his excuse for going for a bigger boat. The
same seems to be true of ponds. The hole looks humongous. Get the fish and
plants in it and all of a sudden it doesn't look as big as it did. Give the
fish a few years to grow, and those little fish swimming around in the pond
makes it look like the pond shrunk to about a 10 gallon aquarium. They
really don't shrink.

Old 30-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Josh

"pmwebdesigns" wrote in message ...
Rich your Koi are gorgeous!!!! I ooo and ahhh over them.
I can't find any really quality Koi here. I have visited every petstore and
nothing has really impressed me.
The couple of Koi I have now came from Atlanta and a friend gave them to me.
I wish we had something locally here.

If you really want Atlanta Koi I live in Atlanta and can send them to you... ;-)

Old 30-03-2004, 10:27 PM
BenignVanilla

"Josh" wrote in message
om...
"pmwebdesigns" wrote in message

Rich your Koi are gorgeous!!!! I ooo and ahhh over them.
I can't find any really quality Koi here. I have visited every petstore

and
nothing has really impressed me.
The couple of Koi I have now came from Atlanta and a friend gave them to

me.
I wish we had something locally here.

If you really want Atlanta Koi I live in Atlanta and can send them to

Atlanta Koi look like Japanese Koi but have a different accent right?

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com