Old 03-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Claude

Default Simple Question?

Hello everyone!

My God, I must have an orchid breakdown!

Is it normal that, when you buy an orchid, the leaves are always shiny but
after a while they become kind of fade ! The color is nice but the shine
isn`t there anymore! What cause this?
Could it be the water? The misting? I use sometime some fresh lemon juice
but that doesn`t last long and I`m afraid of using those commercial product
for shine!

Any ideas!

Claude

P.S: Maybe it will be simplier to go see an orchid psychiatrist?

Old 03-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Claude,

Sure, it could be your water, or spots from fertilizer residue. Remember
that the grower who sold the plant most likely wanted it to look ship-shape
when it was for sale. If you go into a grower's greenhouse (at least around
here) where there are thousands of plants, the leaves look terrible.
Nothing wrong with them; just fertilizer residue.

See Joanna's post about cleaning plants for more. And don't have an orchid
breakdown! As to the orchid psychiatrist, if any practitioner has managed
to figure out the psyche of an orchid, I want to meet that person. LOL

Diana

Old 03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Claude

Thank you Diana!

Finnally, I`m not having an orchid breakdown......

Claude

link.net...

Old 04-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Claude

Old 04-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Claude

Old 04-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Kenni Judd

A lot of leafshine products hide (but don't actually remove) residue and
make the leaves shiny. The effect wears off over time. Milk gives a more
natural look which lasts longer, but is more time-consuming. And, yes, it
smells bad (at least to me) unless you rinse it off (which doesn't seem to
diminish the results as long as the water is pure). For more stubborn
stains, I've had success with lemon juice, lemon-line soda and vinegar [used
separately, not combined). They are better at stain removal but don't give
as nice of a shine.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Claude" wrote in message
. ..
Hello everyone!

My God, I must have an orchid breakdown!

Is it normal that, when you buy an orchid, the leaves are always shiny but
after a while they become kind of fade ! The color is nice but the shine
isn`t there anymore! What cause this?
Could it be the water? The misting? I use sometime some fresh lemon juice
but that doesn`t last long and I`m afraid of using those commercial

product
for shine!

Any ideas!

Claude

P.S: Maybe it will be simplier to go see an orchid psychiatrist?

Simple Sunflower Question Cathy Glockler Gardening 0 08-02-2007 03:12 PM
Simple question butterflies [email protected] Gardening 3 23-06-2006 03:56 PM
a simple stupid question! Claude Orchids 16 15-03-2004 11:39 PM
Simple question? Claude Orchids 2 09-08-2003 07:02 PM
A simple question! Buzzy Gardening 9 17-06-2003 02:56 AM