Old 09-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Buzzy

Default A simple question!

A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)
--
.... Buzzy's Stall Wall ...
www.buzzys.net

"Have You Tried Freeware?"

Old 09-06-2003, 05:44 AM
zxcvbob

Buzzy wrote:
A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)

I usually trim first, then mow -- so I can mow up the trimmings.

Bob

Old 09-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Trevise

"Buzzy" wrote in message
.. .
A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)
--

Trim, then mow - gets the edges before they get mashed down by the mower
wheels, and cuts up the trimmings so you don't have a mess to rake up (I use

Rich

Old 09-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Warren

Buzzy wrote:
A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

My lawn is laid-out to avoid obstructions. The edges almost all are such
that I can run the wheels off the lawn. The trimmer comes out for the
weeds along the fence that's not near the lawn, and for the sprouting
birdseed cast-offs around the feeders, so I don't always even do it the
same day I mow. The edger comes out every couple of months,
re-establishing different parts each time, again, not always related to
when I mow.

When I was a kid, my dad had me trim after he mowed. It was after so I
could see where he missed, and match the height to what he got. And I
had to do it all by hand on my knees. That's part of why I've removed
part of the lawn where I couldn't mow to the edge at my house.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 09-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Phisherman

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:15:31 -0400, Buzzy
wrote:

A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)

I don't find the order important, but usually it is mow then trim.
Cold beer can be at anytime and sweeping is last.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Valkyrie

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I don't find the order important, but usually it is mow then trim.
Cold beer can be at anytime and sweeping is last.

I find that drinking a cold beer while WATCHING a lawn being mowed is the
most satisfying ;-)

Val

Old 09-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Buzzy

wrote:

A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)

I don't find the order important, but usually it is mow then trim.
Cold beer can be at anytime and sweeping is last.

I give the beer to the slugs. See earlier post!
Buzzy

--
.... Buzzy's Stall Wall ...
www.buzzys.net

"Have You Tried Freeware?"

Old 09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Christopher Hamel

"Charlie" wrote in message ...
"Buzzy" wrote in message
.. .
A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)
--
... Buzzy's Stall Wall ...
www.buzzys.net

"Have You Tried Freeware?"

I just mow. Why would you trim?

Charlie.

Bermuda and St. Augustine grasses. You will not longer know where the
yard ends and the sidewalk begins if you don't trim.
Old 17-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Salty Thumb

Buzzy wrote in news:sRTEa.2723$Gm4.224918
@news20.bellglobal.com:

A simple question to everyone, a poll if you wish.

Do you trim then mow the lawn, or mow the lawn and then trim?

Just curious!

(I mow then trim)

Trim then mow. That way I have clear path over the curb and driveway.
Besides, whacking those little impudent grasses that dare mess up my nice
lawn is a lot more fun for me than pushing a mower in circles. I have a
cordless electric trimmer. I might feel different if I had to mess with
an ext. cord.

I think there was a blurb in Parade (Sunday newspaper supplement) that
also said trimming first was better. I don't remember why ... might have
been a hokey reason.

- Salty

[IMG] code is On

Simple Sunflower Question Cathy Glockler Gardening 0 08-02-2007 03:12 PM
Simple question butterflies [email protected] Gardening 3 23-06-2006 03:56 PM
a simple stupid question! Claude Orchids 16 15-03-2004 11:39 PM
Simple Question? Claude Orchids 6 04-01-2004 05:44 PM
Simple question? Claude Orchids 2 09-08-2003 07:02 PM