Old 26-01-2004, 11:08 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default who cant get ABPO,TRY THIS!!!

I had been looking for a server which had ABPO for months which was low
cost, I found Tera news.www.teranews.com which cost a one off set-up fee of
3.95 dollars for 50 mb downloads a day or there are other packages.I use the
basic package everyday and have been able to get all the pictures/posts.As I
am in the UK I am a bit reluctant to pay for something in dollars,and
thought it was to good to be true you know what I mean with the net and
handing over money!!I paid the fee by card they sent me a email with my
password etc ,I was up and running in about 15 minutes .They did only take
3.95 dollars from my account and I haven't looked back since, I no longer
think what I am missing when I see posts on RGO with reference to ABPO.So
anyone getting frustrated because you cant get ABPO give it a go .
ps I am not from teranews,just chuffed to bits with there server giving me
ABPO & lots of others!
Thanks Keith
"Steve" wrote in message

J Fortuna wrote:

...........I also looked for frequent posters in abpo for users with aol

email addresses

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...11%2F30%2F2003
and found Steve but it turns out from looking at

recent
messages that Steve uses Adelphia news server not AOL newsserver, you

might
ask him why.

Isn't it interesting what kind of stuff one can find out looking at
newsgroup archives and statistics :-)

Joanna

Well, I guess I had better get in here before Joanna posts my social
security number or something. ;-)

I use the Adelphia news server because Adelphia is my ISP. I do continue
to have a little 3 hour a month AOL account mainly so other family
members can keep their old e-mail addresses. I use the AOL address to
keep spam away from my Adelphia address. The AOL address does work but I
have it set to only receive mail from people on my list. That completely
stops spam there but also excludes people not on my list (yet).

To answer Elinor's question, I think you can get the pictures on ABPO
via AOL. I looked into it once because AOL started offering ABPO before
Adelphia did.
You can't get the pictures if you read the messages off line. I used to
read RGO by downloading the messages so I could read them later. If you
do that, and then read them from your "filing cabinet", you will not get
pictures.
Find the other way to read newsgroups, where you read them directly
online. (I didn't dare do that since I only pay for the 3 hours a
month.) If you don't figure it out after a short while, let me know and
I will go into AOL and figure it out. You need to hurry because I just
posted 5 pictures on ABPO tonight. ;-)

Steve