Old 04-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Pam

Default I want one of these!!! What's its name?

While mucking about the web looking up orchids, I found this site with
these 2 pictures. I want one of the plants. It is the greatest
bumble bee orchid I have seen. Does anyone know its name and where I
can buy it?

http://orchids.imacollector.com/bees.html
Old 04-02-2004, 01:33 PM
molli

Now that one IS great! I know Andy had a orchid as his orchid of the day a
couple weeks ago that he advertises as 'a bumblebee' but it didn't look like
that one....you might want to drop him a line anyway?

--

Hugs,
Molli

m...

Old 04-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Bernd Haynold

Pam wrote:

While mucking about the web looking up orchids, I found this site with
these 2 pictures. I want one of the plants. It is the greatest
bumble bee orchid I have seen. Does anyone know its name and where I
can buy it?

http://orchids.imacollector.com/bees.html

Sorry to disappoint you, but the orchid in this picture is a fake.
It is supposed to be an Ophrys species, but none of them looks like
that.
Ophrys are terrestrials, hard to get outside of europe and difficult
to cultivate, especially for those who have no experience with
terrestrial orchids.

Bernd

Old 10-02-2004, 02:35 AM
Illume