Old 08-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Clare Sleeter

Default Who We Are- Reka (revisited)

As a fellow Pacific Northwesterner I enjoyed your bio.
Just thought I'd give you a heads-up that the European Orchid Council's next
seminar and show will be in Assisi I believe.

Reka wrote:

Who am I and What Is My Gender?

Reka, female

Where am I?
South Tyrol, Italy. Originally from the most beautiful of the 50 States,
Oregon.

Where do I grow?
On every possible flat surface with good light and some of those which
aren't flat...
Under fluorescent lights also.

What do I grow?

Phals, Cattleya alliance, Dens, Bulbos, Oncidiums, a few Paphs and a
lone rescue-Cym.

The decade of my age?

40s, and still able to blush, so I am still very young at heart. :-)

How long have I been growing orchids?

I got my first orchid about twenty years ago, but only started growing
seriously as a hobby when we moved into a new apartment ten years ago
and that one actually bloomed again. (The old apt. was way too dark!)

My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

Continually succeeding in convincing my husband that yes, there *is*
still room for the orchid(s) I just bought.

Miscellaneous Info...

I am a serious wine drinker (no, not a serious alcoholic!) and have
taken the first of three exams toward becoming a sommelier. I read
hundreds of books a year and have in the last 9 months become an addicted
skier. I have two lovely children and a wonderful husband (who pretends
to believe there is still room for another orchid 'cause he loves me so
much). And I will be unemployed (ha, when is a housewife *ever*
unemployed??) again in a matter of two weeks. (Yeah, folks, I quit the job
from hell!)

---

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

Happy Birthday Reka and Ray Susan Erickson Orchids 7 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
Happy Birthday Reka and Ray Susan Erickson Orchids 1 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
Where's Reka? Diana Kulaga Orchids 5 10-08-2003 10:34 PM
Water Quality posting 4 Reka Wendy Orchids 7 31-05-2003 04:44 PM
Worms revisited Janet Baraclough Permaculture 8 22-10-2002 02:31 AM