Old 18-02-2004, 08:10 PM
TRAINMAN9

Default Ez Flow Fertilizers

Anyone using this product? How has it performed? Where to find best price?

Thanks
Old 18-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Dewitt

On 18 Feb 2004 19:55:07 GMT, nospamX (TRAINMAN9)
wrote:

Anyone using this product? How has it performed? Where to find best price?

Thanks

I think you mean EZ-Gro such at at
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=AFS800 If so, I have one.
Can't say I've used it much. The idea is that a strong fertilizer
solution is put in a tank which is pressurized by water pressure.
When water flows through a hose connected to the tank, the fertilizer
solution is injected in to the flow. I checked the result with a TDS
meter and it's pretty consistent with a continuous flow of water. If
you start and stop the flow, the concentration goes high for a few
seconds before settling back down. Also, water is continously added
to the tank. The claim is that the fertilizer solution, being denser,
stays at the bottom of the tank and the water floats on top. Yea,
maybe for a short period of time. Certainly over a few days, the
fertilizer solution in the tank will be diluted by the incoming water
and the output concentration will change. Bottom line, I think the
EZ-Gro is probably suitable for drip irrigation system and the like
where the concentration of fertilizer isn't all that important. Maybe
you could use it with automated watering systems with orchids. I
don't think it's suitable for hand-held watering due to the fertilizer
concentration change during start / stop operation. .

deg
Old 18-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Dewitt

wrote:

[...]

Determining Proper Flow From Biofilter - Chooseing biofilter size??????? Lisa Ponds 3 09-05-2003 06:32 PM
Determining Proper Flow From Biofilter - Chooseing biofilter John Rutz Ponds 1 09-05-2003 12:08 AM
Check valves reduce flow? Michael Shaffer Ponds 5 08-05-2003 02:44 PM
Too much flow! Sue Alexandre Ponds 2 05-05-2003 01:56 AM
Laminar Flow Hood For Sale Lux Ifer Rising Orchids 1 24-02-2003 02:28 PM