Old 02-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Dave Gillingham

Default Trying to fulfil my dendrobe wish list in Brisbane, Australia

Thanks again, Maggie. My wife & I made a trip up there a couple of
weeks ago & hit the credit card rather hard.

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:19:37 GMT, Maggie
wrote:

Dave I just remembered another place worth a try Woolfes in Toowoomba
http://www.florafest.com.au/homepage.html

Maggie

Dave Gillingham wrote:

Thank you both for your help. I intend to join an ANOS group, but I
have very little to swap at thisstage. That's why I'm looking for
purchase sources.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:10:53 +1000, Dave Gillingham
wrote:

My interest is Australian species dendrobes. There are several I
would *love* to obtain and, being impatient, I'd like to obtain them
at flowering size or near.

Can any Australian followers of this group point me at suppliers?

I am interested in:

Dend. canaliculatum
Dend. canaliculatim var. nigrescens
Dend. carronii
Dend. johannis
Dend. tetragonum
Dend. affine (syn. D. dicuphum)

Can anyone help?

Dave Gillingham

Dave Gillingham

Dave Gillingham
Old 02-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Dave Gillingham

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:05:55 GMT, Maggie
wrote:

Thanks, maggie. I'll keep them in mind.

Dave .. have you tried Always Orchids at Bribie Island ... they do have a large
array of dendrobes . as well as Cattleyas

www.alwaysorchids.com

Margaret

Old 02-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Dave Gillingham

Thanks, Tong. I have purchased a couple of plants from them, & quite
happy with my purchases. But, as you said, they're a bit expensive
(by Australian standards). I was talking to the owner of another
orchid nursery near Brisbane a couple of weeks ago, & he said he could
have filled a large order from the US for plants at $120 each had he
had the stock. I'm deliberately being a bit vague here, since I
don't want to risk upsetting commercial relations. Let's hope that
sort of demand doesn't start pushing up our local prices too much!!

On 1 Mar 2004 14:49:24 -0800, (TU) wrote:

Dave, try
www.easyorchids.com
They have 4 or 5 on your list listed on their catalogue, but they aren't cheap.

Cheers
Tong

Old 02-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Kye

Dave,

As a windsorite in Brisbane, I am curious as to what part of Brisbane
you are in, maybe we an hook up for an orchid chat over coffee ;-)

Kye.

wrote:

My interest is Australian species dendrobes. There are several I
would *love* to obtain and, being impatient, I'd like to obtain them
at flowering size or near.

Can any Australian followers of this group point me at suppliers?

I am interested in:

Dend. canaliculatum
Dend. canaliculatim var. nigrescens
Dend. carronii