Old 21-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Esther Mary

Default Organic fertilizer

Hi, Greetings from Borneo.

Has anyone tried using organic fertilizer for Phal?

Any advise?

Old 21-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Unefer1

Yes , I used Fish emulsion on most of my orchids , before my move and we had
ornamental water lilly ponds at our old house , but I diluted it to 1/4
strength for paphs and phals
Good growing
Todd

Old 21-03-2004, 04:12 PM
K Barrett

People have used various organic fertilizers with great effect, anything
from fish emulsion, to koi pond water, to manure tea (ick). The smell seems
to be the most off-putting comment made about these.

K Barrett

om...

Old 21-03-2004, 09:05 PM
profpam

I last used Morgrow Bat Guano (organic) on my orchids (and tomato plants
too). I have also used another brand of the same (Whitney?) with good
results. One thing about this fertilizer is if it isn't washed off some
of the leaves, I have not found disastrous results. I used but once
time a dry granule-type product that nearly wiped-out my collection. I,
therefore, am an avid user of the old spray bottle and the types of
fertilizer concentrates that can be applied per the same.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html