Old 01-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Are Paphs and Phrags succeptible to Virus?

It's spring cleaning time in the Greenhouse and as I evaluate plants I
happened to think that the Phals, Oncidiums, Cymbidiums, and Catts all are
succeptible to various viruses. I don't think I've ever seen a Paph or a
Phrag with a virus.

That made me think.....can they be infected?

Gene

Old 01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
danny

If I recall correctly, Bob Wellenstein at Antec told me a couple years ago
that some Phrags are virused, especially some of the older plants. He would
know more about it than I do.
-danny

ink.net...

Old 01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Al

On his website at ladyslipper.com there are two questions that deal with
virused Paphs in the Frequently Asked Questions section. One of them lists
the specific viruses he has found on Paphs, or something like that....

Old 01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Al

"danny" wrote in message
If I recall correctly, Bob Wellenstein at Antec told me a couple years ago
that some Phrags are virused, especially some of the older plants. He

would
know more about it than I do.
-danny

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
ink.net...
It's spring cleaning time in the Greenhouse and as I evaluate plants I
happened to think that the Phals, Oncidiums, Cymbidiums, and Catts all

are
succeptible to various viruses. I don't think I've ever seen a Paph or

Phrag with a virus.

That made me think.....can they be infected?

Gene

recommended book on phrags and paphs OrchidKitty Orchids 3 04-01-2006 12:50 AM
paphs and phrags Ted Orchids 7 24-09-2005 07:26 PM
What distinguishes between paphs and phrags? was Greenhouse profpam Orchids 0 26-11-2003 05:22 PM
Ted's paphs and phrags Rob Halgren Orchids 8 21-11-2003 02:42 AM
What distinguishes between paphs and phrags? was Greenhouse ideas? Ted Byers Orchids 0 20-11-2003 08:08 PM