Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Bpyboy

Default Source for "Hoof and Horn"

New here. My father in law is a professional orchid grower, and asked me to
try and find a source for a product called "hoof and horn" that seems to be
made of african antelope hoof and horn meal. He likes it because it takes
longer to break down than other kinds of hoof and horn meals.

He said that it was imported by a company in california, but that he hadn't
seen any on the market for some time now. Does anyone know if the product is
still available? Is it still produced/imported?

Many thanks
John

If you have any info, please feel free to email me about it!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
TRAINMAN9

My father in law is a professional orchid grower, and asked me to
try and find a source for a product called "hoof and horn" that seems to be

We used to use this in our paph mix many years ago. I don't think it was ever
made from african antelope hoof and horn but I could be wrong.

I would suspect regular bone meal would have similar results.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Stephen

Kudu's to you for your search. I heard they quit making it as Dik Diks were
just too hard to catch and their tiny little hooves and horns didn't go too
far. (Ssssshh, don't tell them dik diks didn't have horns) They are now
chasing 5 toed sloths. Yes, I know, they aren't very bright, but they are
greedy. Two and three aren't good enough for them.........
Spartacus