Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Dewitt

Default Question about Phal. amabilis

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:03:19 GMT, "PhalGuy"
wrote:

Hello everyone!

My last acquisition, Phal amabilis, had 6 buds when I bought it last month.
One of them opened . Now the 5 others one are ready to open but the first
flower is already dying! Is this normal for this specie?

My Phal. amabilis var. formosanum plants typically have all flowers on
the spikes open at once. The buds open over the course of a week or so
and then it's about six weeks before the bottom ones start to die off.
My guess is that your plant was stressed being moved from one
environment to another while in bud. It will be better next year.

Do you know if you have Phal. amabilis or Phal. amabilis var.
formosanum? The formosanum is much smaller than the std amabilis and
is listed by some as a separate species, Phal. formosanum.

deg

Phal amabilis wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 30-05-2009 05:27 PM
Phal amabilis Wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 01-05-2009 06:57 AM
Phalaenopsis amabilis Mike Derby[_2_] United Kingdom 5 07-08-2008 04:38 PM
Phal amabilis Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 26-03-2008 08:47 PM
aphrodite or amabilis? Please help Orchis Orchids 8 17-12-2006 09:44 PM