Old 23-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Dustin

Default Phalaenopsis "lueddemanniana var. ochracea"

Link to some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3c4ks
Old 24-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Al

That's an unusually color form of this species, isn't it?

I want one.

"Dustin " wrote in message ...
Link to some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3c4ks

Old 24-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Diana Kulaga

Neat photos, Dustin. I'll have to check out that site.

Diana

"Al" wrote in message
That's an unusually color form of this species, isn't it?

I want one.

"Dustin " wrote in message

Link to some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3c4ks

Old 25-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Dustin

I pretty sure that its not lueddemanniana at all, let alone var.
ochracea. I was looking in Eric Christenson's book and he shows var.
ochracea as almost pale yellow color with very faint markings. There is
a picture of P. lueddemanniana var. ochracea 'J&L' AM/AOS that looks
very similar to my plant. He says that is known as P. fasciata, but its
really a natural hybrid between fasciata and hieroglyphica.

Who knows what I have, I got it from Oakhill Gardens though.

Dustin

Al wrote:

That's an unusually color form of this species, isn't it?

I want one.

"Dustin " wrote in message ...
Link to some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3c4ks

Old 25-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Al

you probably found this in your searches:
http://www.phals.net/lueddemanniana/02ph0011.jpg

Does it smell like green apples? Christenson says fasciata smells like
green apples.

Al wrote:

That's an unusually color form of this species, isn't it?

I want one.

"Dustin " wrote in message

Link to some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3c4ks

Old 25-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Diana Kulaga

Who knows what I have, I got it from Oakhill Gardens though.

Oak Hill is usually pretty reliable. You might want to send the pic to Greg
Butler there. If it was mislabeled he might be able to pinpoint it for you.

Diana

Old 25-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Dustin

I suppose I should do that, I bought a Phal. mariae from them, when it
bloomed it was really bastianii. I will have to send those pictures as
well.

Dustin