Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Mick Fournier

Default Phal violacea var coerulea

Well it is that time of the year again to try and cross two nice
Phalaenopsis violacea coerulea orchids I have been working with for the last
couple of summers now. The pod parent this summer will be a mericlone of
Joseph Wu's "Joy" from Taiwan I acquired earlier this year. It is blooming
now and looks like this

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...coer_joy1a.jpg
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...coer_joy3a.jpg

The coerulea is on the right side. I have included a regular violacea in
the picture on the left just to see/test the standard magenta coloration.

My question to you is this... do you know of any better coerulea
clones/specimens than this? If so, I would like to see the picture or hear
about it.

Mick