Old 29-07-2004, 09:12 PM
NOOK

Default Humidifiers/foggers for the Greenhouse

Trions work ok for a small area once you modify them but they just
can't keep up in a large area and they are a bit noisy.
As for the white film. John G is right, You can filter the heck out of
the water but short of an RO system you will still get some mineral
deposits.
In my negative pressure propagation room because the room air is
cycled out so fast I run a modified Trion as well as misting lines
overhead. All water used for Orchids is from an RO system with two
precharged tanks. The Trion is on a humidistat. The misting lines are
on a cycle timer that comes on at 7:30 am and runs for 45sec. then two
mins. later it runs another 45sec. then every 45 mins. it runs for 12
sec.until about 5:00pm.
Outside on the deck I run misting lines overhead as well. I set the
run time on them different every morning depending on what the weather
is supossed to be that day. Also if you use misting lines I found that
using a pump to jack up the pressure (my lines are around 70 psi
normal) to something over 100 psi does seem to make the mist finer.
Although that may be more dependant on the type of nozzle used.
I agree with Tom, I have purchased a few pieces of watering stuff from
Charley's, they are friendly and quick, with good quality parts.
Like Ray, I am probably going to buy that new Jaybird next month
before going off to Costa Rico (so my wife will not have to monitor
the freshly deflasked stuff as close as I do now.)
NOOK

dude
I hate the humidifier that I purchased with my greenhouse. It's one of the
Trion Humidifiers. I have it plumbed into the water system and on a
humistat.

The problems are that it's noisy (ok the orchids aren't complaining) but I
find it annoying. The bigger problem is that the plants get a white film on
them from the junk in the water.

I like the JayBird fogger that they used to advertize in the gardening
magazines. It appears that they have replaced the fogger with a fan device
that fogs.

What do you guys and gals use in your greenhouses? I have a couple of
months to decide but soon the dry winter winds will be upon us.

Thanks,
Gene

Fountains & Ponds, even humidifiers Koi-Lo Ponds 15 19-02-2006 05:29 AM
Fountains & Humidifiers Mama Bear Lawns 0 02-09-2005 07:56 PM
Humidifiers/foggers for the Greenhouse Gene Schurg Orchids 0 27-07-2004 02:21 AM
Humidifiers Iris Cohen Gardening 0 04-02-2003 06:45 PM
Home humidifiers Jbkkhawk Orchids 7 26-01-2003 02:21 PM