Old 01-08-2004, 05:47 PM
TRAINMAN9

Default Portable Swamp Cooler for GH?

I'd check out Graingers for some pricing since they also sell permanent
high quality units.

I checked out the Grainger site. You can get a quality evaporative cooler for
under $400 that has a 3000CFM capacity. They have a number of models available.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:46 AM
Lori Siegmund

Trainman,

Thank you for the good information! Do you happen to remember the
website you went to that mentioned the Adobe model could only run for
2 hours max?
Boy, I thought I had done my homework! I even had contact with
someone from Adobe. I may just get something in writing from them; or
ask for the owner's manual on that model to review.

Graingers, here I come to look!

Lori

Old 02-08-2004, 01:37 PM
TRAINMAN9

Thank you for the good information! Do you happen to remember the
website you went to that mentioned the Adobe model could only run for
2 hours max?

It was www.promolife.com. Scan down and you will find the information. You can
use some of the guides at greenhouse suppliers sites to determine the size of
the cooler you need. Some of the ones listed on the Grainger site use a
synthetic pad that according to the information performs better than the paper
type.

If you go to the Grainger site click on the HVAC section and you will see
evaporative coolers. If you know someone who has a commercial business they
might be able to get you a discount. That's how I purchased the portable one
that I have.

When I build my next greenhouse I plan to have a permanent one installed.