Old 12-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Gene Schurg

Mouse,

Those are teeny tiny tomatoes that when sucked up into the roots will become
big tomatoes. For cherry tomatoes those are almost microscopic.

Really, those are most likely some sort of time released fertilizer. I've
seen green/blue color and tan/brown pellets. Usually they feed for about 3
months. If the weather is extreamly hot they do not last as long as during
cooler weather. I've been told not to use it with seedlings because they
"melt" at a rate that may burn very small plants.

I usually mix just a few when potting vegetable plant seedlings just so I
don't have to water with a fertilizer mix.

Good Growing,
Gene

"The Doormouse" wrote in message
Okay - I admit it - this question is about tomatoes and not Orchids ...

When depotting tomatoes fresh from the nursery, I find orange pellets

among
the soil.

Is that some kind of plant food pellet? How long does it last?

Thanks everyone

The Doormouse

P.S.
I am learning to microgarden tomatoes before trying my hand at Orchids.

Old 13-08-2004, 08:30 AM
The Doormouse

Default Tomato Pellets - off topic

Thank you, Gene!