Old 19-08-2004, 06:01 AM
James Aldridge

Default insecticide compatibilities

I am contemplating three possible mixes for a fall treatment series,
and I don't think there'll be a compatibility problem, but I thought
I'd ask. The docs just suggest trying the mix in a clear jar and
seeing if all looks well, which I can do, but I thought I'd ask the
voices of experience.

mix 1: kinoprene (Enstar II) + acephate (Orthene 97 WP)

mix 2: kinoprene + imidacloprid (Merit 75 WP)

mix 3: kinoprene + fluvalinate (Mavrik AquaFlow) [I know this one's
cool, as both chemicals are made by the same company, and they suggest
the mix]

Thanks for your thoughts. The main targets are mealybugs and scale
(mainly soft, some hard).

Jim
Old 19-08-2004, 04:45 PM
K Barrett

I haven't used it but am given to understand that #1 works very well too.

BTW The package directions for EnstarII say that root drench is the most
effective use of the product on the 1st time its used.After that spraying at
a reduced consentration for maintainance is effective. Again I have no
experience. I've only used Enstar once and it seemed to do the trick, but I
also removed the worst infected plants from teh GH before spraying.

K Barrett

"Jim Saitman" wrote in message
m...
i would go with #2 merit is a great product i have seen it do great things

Old 19-08-2004, 05:13 PM
wendy7

James, I can vouch for the Enstar II with Mavrik AquaFlow combo.
It is used by a prominent San Diego grower.
I have not used it as a drench though & did have some new scale
after 1 year of following the regimen to a tee.
I don't think there is a pesticide that is a 100% killer???
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply