Old 21-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Ray

Default AD: Shipping Sale

As an incentive to try PrimeAgra and Semi-Hydroponics, I am offering a
significant discount on shipping costs, as the thought of paying to ship "a
box of rocks" causes some to hesitate.

The terms of the sale are documented on the website, and are accessible via
the link to "The Store" from our home page at the URL below.

If you already have orders in that have not been processed, I will be happy
to apply the discount to them as well.

..

Old 21-08-2004, 04:36 PM
K Barrett

Up to your neck in rocks, eh? *G* I'm envisioning an impending avalanche of
PrimeAgra. Or perhaps a breaking wave, much like that Japanese print,
bearing down on you while you sit at your computer.
http://www.andreas.com/hokusai.html

Or perhaps you keep wondering who's tapping at your door? You hear the tap,
check the security peep hole, only to find no one's there! But on the stoop
is a single PrimeAgra, having shaken free and bounced from the pile in the
yard. Gets old after a while... so you try: 'Honey! Get the door...'. but
she isn't falling for that one anymore having wized up a few months ago.

Crows drop the little clay pellets on your head as you work in the vegetable
patch. You shake you fist at them in the sky as they fly away cawing with
evil delight. Ha-ha! (or in their case Caw! Caw!)

Your wife threatens to leave you. She just can't stomach the fine orange
dust that gets over her mother's fine antique furniture, settling in the
fine lines of her face, aging her prematurely. "Dang it Ray! I'ts me or the
rocks, make your choice!" [slam! - footsteps receding down the hall]

You sigh.

Time for a sale.

K Barrett

.

Old 21-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Ray

Actually, I'm almost out of "rocks," and have another container on its way.

No, this is simply a response to some feedback I have gathered.

..

Old 28-08-2004, 12:24 PM
RPM1

"Ray"
If you already have orders in that have not been processed, I will be

happy
to apply the discount to them as well.

That's the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short.
Oh well... Thanks for the swift shipment.

My orchids really like SH life so far. I just need to get
the hang of watering and not wasting with too much overflow.
I think I need a finer, more accurate, watering container. Old
soda bottles are too splattery and gluggy at this point in my
watering transcendence. ;-)

Ruth CM

Old 28-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Ray

Ruth,

It's important to flush the reservoir when you water, and not just top it
up.

..
"Ray"

Old 28-08-2004, 03:32 PM
wendy7

Ray, I only have one plant that is semi-hydro & when I flush it,
it flops around & the little stones overflow? Should I stake it?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Ray wrote:
Ruth,

It's important to flush the reservoir when you water, and not just
top it up.

.
"Ray"

Old 28-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:32:28 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Ray, I only have one plant that is semi-hydro & when I flush it,
it flops around & the little stones overflow? Should I stake it?

Wendy,
It sounds like your not flushing it - your flooding it. The
flush involves enough water to change what is in the bottom of
the pot. The flood fills it so fast the whole thing is trying to
float. Slow down the pour.

Also when you pot up, don't PUSH stones in. Bounce and squeeze
the pots (yes, this temporarily deforms them) letting the stones
settle down with in the roots. You can tap the side of the pot.
Just the way you would try to add more to any container of jelly
beans or other odd shaped items. I can tell you none of ours are
loose.

SuE
Old 28-08-2004, 04:47 PM
K Barrett

Off topic, and I actually should have asked this privately, but I figure I
can't be the only VP on this newsgroup and maybe someone else can benefit
from the answer... Do you ever do speaking tours on semi-hydro? Does
business keep you close to home, in terms of travelling?

K Barrett

"Ray" wrote in message
Ruth,

It's important to flush the reservoir when you water, and not just top it
up.

.
"Ray"

Old 29-08-2004, 11:32 AM
RPM1

"Ray" typed:
Ruth,

It's important to flush the reservoir when you water, and not just top

it
up.

Thanks Ray. Do I need to flush the containers every time or can I
go with my usual once a month fresh water flush? What am I trying
to remove with a reservoir flush? TIA

Ruth CM

Old 29-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Ray

Yes, I do the occasional speaking engagement. First Rays is less of a
constraint than my "real job", but that's what vacation is for!

I recently had to turn down a trip to Phoenix, as the lead-time was really
short on the request, and the logistics of getting boxes of rocks out there
cheaply was a problem. With more time, my west coast distributor offered to
supply them...

..

"Ray" wrote in message
Ruth,

It's important to flush the reservoir when you water, and not just top

it
up.

.
"Ray"

Old 29-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Ray

As the plant grows and used the nutrients in the solution, the chemistry of
that remaining in the reservoir changes. The pH also changes due to that
and the gas exchange occurring at the root system. By filling the pot to
the top with fresh nutrient solution at every watering, you saturate the
medium, clean out the reservoir, and refresh the entire system.

I find that doing that precludes the need for a monthly fresh-water flush
altogether.

..